Hello McVickar Family - Concept 2 has been completed and amazing results by Jenn.
I wanted to recap on the requirements we provided Jenn and then you can see how they visualize on the latest drawing she provided.
Requirements to preserve
- Must have Argent (Silver/White) shield – this is in historical documentation as part of the description of record
- Must have Sable (Black) millrind with 4 estoles – this is in historical documentation as part of the description of record
- Must have helmet facing right with facemask closed – represents gentleman/nobleman
- Must have eagle rising proper – our family crest
- Must retain some of the original color
Requirements to enhance
- Add McVickar name
- Add family motto
- Add 2021 in roman numerals
- Add cross for tie to Christianity
- Enhance eagle – move from sea eagle to bald eagle
- Enhance helmet – improved design
- Move helmet onto shield and incorporate eagle firmly grasping top of shield
- Add American and Irish flags
- Move color braids to top of shield (black, purple, white – repeating)
Next steps - Concept with color
Assuming no major changes or feedback we will follow up with Jenn this weekend to enhance the picture with color so we can finalize what/where the colors are.
- Red/White/Blue on American Flag
- Green/White/Orange on Irish Flag
- Black/Purple/White repeating on braid on top of shield (reference original drawing under bird)